- (slang, chiefly N CA) For sure; totally; hell yeah; used as a strong affirmation of something that was just said, accomplished, or revealed.
- "Hey, you wanna come to the concert tonight?" "Oh, helluv!"
- To many speakers, helluv is the more emphatic, or more intensified form of hella.
Altered from intensifier hella (originally Northern California slang). See also Hella (word).
- (colloquial) Elision of "hell of".
- (colloquial) Elision of "the hell of".
- (colloquial) Elision of "hell have"
Shortened form, or elision, of phrases like "hell of" or "hell have", approximating casual speech in writing.