Satan is said to live in Hades.
The definition of Hades is the resting place of the dead, or a word for hell.
An example of Hades is where Satan is often depicted as living.
- Gr. Myth.
- the home of the dead, beneath the earth
- the god of the underworld
- Bible the state or resting place of the dead: name used in some modern translations of the New Testament
- hell: a euphemism
Origin of HadesClassical Greek Haid?s
- Greek Mythology a. The god of the netherworld and dispenser of earthly riches.b. This netherworld kingdom, the abode of the shades of the dead.
- also hades Hell.
Origin of HadesGreek Haid&emacron;s; see weid- in Indo-European roots.
- plural form of hade
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of hade
From Ancient Greek ᾍδης (Hādēs).