The camels habitat is the desert.
- An example of habitat is the desert to a camel.
- An example of habitat is the library to law students.
The definition of a habitat is the natural environment of someone or something.
- the region where a plant or animal naturally grows or lives; native environment
- the place where a person or thing is ordinarily found
Origin of habitatL, it inhabits: see habitable
- a. The natural environment in which a species or group of species lives: good coyote habitat; managing wildlife habitat.b. A particular kind of natural environment: woodland and prairie habitats.c. An artificial environment created for an animal to live in: the lion habitat at the zoo.
- A structure that affords a controlled environment for living in extremely inhospitable locations, such as an underwater research laboratory.
- The place where a person lives or is most likely to be found: “This park became his habitat—a bench-sitter at 17” ( Neal Cassady )
Origin of habitatLatin it dwells third person sing. present of habitāre to dwell ; see habitable .
- (biology) A specific place or natural conditions in which a plant or animal lives.
From French habitat, from habiter (“inhabit”) + -at (“-ate”).