- The definition of a habitat is the natural environment of someone or something.
- An example of habitat is the desert to a camel.
- An example of habitat is the library to law students.
The camels habitat is the desert.
habitat definition by Webster's New World
- the region where a plant or animal naturally grows or lives; native environment
- the place where a person or thing is ordinarily found
Origin: Classical Latin it inhabits: see habitable
habitat definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The area or environment where an organism or ecological community normally lives or occurs: a marine habitat.
- The place where a person or thing is most likely to be found.
- A structure that affords a controlled environment for living in extremely inhospitable locations, such as an underwater research laboratory.
Origin: Latin, it dwells, third person sing. present of habitāre, to dwell; see habitable.
habitat - Cultural Definition
The area or type of environment in which a particular kind of animal or plant usually lives.
habitat - Science Definition