- joint rule by two or more states
- the territory so ruled
- a form of real property ownership in which the purchaser of each unit of an apartment building or in a complex of multiunit dwellings acquires full title to the unit and an undivided interest in the common elements (the land, roof, elevator, etc.)
- such a unit, or such a building or complex
Origin of condominiumModL: see com- and dominium
nounpl. con·do·min·i·ums, also con·do·min·i·a
- a. A building or complex in which units of property, such as apartments, are owned by individuals and common parts of the property, such as the grounds and building structure, are owned jointly by the unit owners.b. A unit in such a complex.
- a. Joint sovereignty, especially joint rule of territory by two or more nations, or a plan to achieve it: “The allies would fear that they were pawns in a superpower condominium” ( New Republic )b. A politically dependent territory.
Origin of condominiumcon- Latin dominium dominion, ownership ; see domain .
From Latin condominium.
condominium - Legal Definition