The definition of a landlord is a person who rents land, rooms, apartments or houses to others.
An example of a landlord is the person who owns the house you live in and who you pay rent to every month.
- a person, company, etc. that rents or leases land, houses, apartments, etc. to others
- a man who rents rooms to lodgers
- Brit. a man who operates a pub
Origin of landlordMiddle English londelorde ; from Old English landhlaford: see land and amp; lord
- One that owns and rents land, buildings, or dwelling units.
- A man who runs a rooming house or an inn; an innkeeper.
landlord - Legal Definition
The lessor of real property.