- The definition of a landlord is a person who rents land, rooms, apartments or houses to others.
An example of a landlord is the person who owns the house you live in and who you pay rent to every month.
landlord definition by Webster's New World
- a person, esp. a man, who rents or leases land, houses, etc. to others
- a man who keeps a rooming house, inn, etc.
Origin: Middle English londelorde ; from Old English landhlaford: see land and amp; lord
landlord definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One that owns and rents land, buildings, or dwelling units.
- A man who runs a rooming house or an inn; an innkeeper.
landlord - Business Definition
landlord - Legal Definition