- The definition of a renter is a person who pays for the temporary use of something.
A person who rents an apartment is an example of a renter.
renter definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person who pays rent for the use of property
- an owner who rents out property
renter definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One that receives payment in exchange for the use of one's property by another.
- One that pays rent for the use of another's property; a tenant.