- The definition of a boarder is a person who pays for room and meals at someone's home, or a person who gets on a plane or boat.
- An example of a boarder is a frequenter at a bed and breakfast.
- An example of a boarder is a person who gets on a cruise ship.
boarder definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person who regularly gets meals, or room and meals, at another's home for pay
- a person who boards a ship, aircraft, etc., esp. one of the crew detailed to board a hostile ship
boarder definition by American Heritage Dictionary
One who boards, especially:
a. One who pays a stipulated sum in return for regular meals or for meals and lodging.
b. One who goes on board a vessel as part of an assault or military action: repel all boarders.
A person who rides a board, such as a snowboard or surfboard, as a sport.