- a person eating dinner
- dining car
- a small restaurant built to look like a dining car
- a small restaurant with a counter along one side and booths on the other
A roadside diner.
- A person who is having a meal at a pizza restaurant is an example of a diner.
- A casual laid-back restaurant on the roadside with a long counter, booths, a jukebox and a big menu of American food is an example of adiner.
The definition of a diner is a person who is eating in a restaurant, a casual roadside restaurant with booths and a counter that traditionally resembles the dining car on a train.
- One that dines: midnight diners enjoying the meal after the theater.
- A dining car.
- A small, usually inexpensive restaurant with a long counter and booths, sometimes housed in a building designed to resemble a dining car.
OriginSee also: dîner
dine + -er
- The woman from the diner is here.
- The diner closes at ten.
- It was going to be hard enough to work at the diner, but it was something she was going to have to do.
- I hate it in town, and the diner is so... boring.
- Seeing her at the diner probably gave him the idea of getting help.