A spin in figure skating in which the skater's upper body is arched backward.
Mirai Nagasu at the 2008 US Figure Skating Championships
St. Paul, Minnesota
- (figure skating) A spin in which the head and shoulders are dropped backwards and the back arched downwards toward the ice. Also called a layback spin
- (climbing) A maneuver to scale a vertical crack, by pulling with the arms and jamming the legs underneath, and shuffling up on limb at a time.
- (surfing) A surf maneuver where the upright surfer leans back against the wave.
- (skateboarding, snowboarding) A trick where the boarder leans back while on the lip of the ramp, or down a rail.
- (audio editing) The process of recording the final sound onto the master track.