- The definition of heartless is showing a lack of empathy or compassion.
When you walk by a starving person without feeling bad or giving him any food, this is an example of when you might be described asheartless.
heartless definition by Webster's New World
- Archaic lacking spirit, courage, or enthusiasm
- lacking kindness or feeling; hard and pitiless
Origin: Middle English herteles ; from Old English heortleas
heartless definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Devoid of compassion or feeling; pitiless.
- Archaic Devoid of courage or enthusiasm; spiritless.
- heartˈless·ly adverb
- heartˈless·ness noun