- cooked in boiling water until both the white and yolk solidify: said of eggs
- ☆ Informal not affected by sentiment, pity, etc.; tough; callous
- Cooked by boiling in the shell to a solid consistency. Used of eggs.
- Callous; unfeeling.
- Unsentimental and practical; tough.
(comparative more hardboiled, superlative most hardboiled)
- Alternative spelling of hard-boiled.
- Simple past tense and past participle of hardboil.
(comparative more hard-boiled, superlative most hard-boiled)
- hard-boiled fiction