- cooked in simmering water until both the white and the yolk solidify: said of eggs
- Informal not affected by sentiment, pity, etc.; tough; callous
- of or designating a style of genre fiction dealing in a straightforward, cynical way with criminals, detectives, etc.
- Cooked by boiling in the shell to a solid consistency. Used of eggs.
- Callous; unfeeling.
- Unsentimental and practical; tough.
(comparative more hardboiled, superlative most hardboiled)
- Alternative spelling of hard-boiled.
- simple past tense and past participle of hardboil
(comparative more hard-boiled, superlative most hard-boiled)