- a person trained or skilled in finance
- a person who engages in financial operations on a large scale
Origin of financierFrench
to engage in financial operations, often specif. in a dishonest way
One that engages in investing or raising large amounts of money.
Origin of financierFrench from Old French from finance payment ; see finance .
- A person who, as a profession, profits from large financial transactions.
- A company that does the same.
- One charged with the administration of finance; an officer who administers the public revenue; a treasurer.
- A light, spongy teacake, usually based on almond flour or flavoring.
- A traditional French (Ragoût a la Financière) or Piemontese (Finanziera alla piemontese) rich sauce or ragout, made with coxcomb, wattles, cock's testicles, chicken livers and a variety of other ingredients.