- The definition of a capitalist is a person with a large amount of money, or a person who invests in a business.
An example of a capitalist is Bill Gates.
capitalist definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person who has capital; owner of wealth used in business
- an upholder of capitalism
- loosely a wealthy person
capitalist definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A supporter of capitalism.
- An investor of capital in business, especially one having a major financial interest in an important enterprise.
- A person of great wealth.