- The act of providing or raising funds or capital.
- Funds or capital provided by investors or lenders.
- Present participle of finance.
- (finance, business) A transaction that provides funds for a business.
- The successive equity financings were at higher and higher valuations.
Variant of finance
- the money resources, income, etc. of a nation, organization, or person
- the managing or science of managing money matters, credit, etc.
Origin of financeMiddle English finaunce, a fine, forfeit ; from Old French finance, wealth, revenue ; from finer, to end, settle accounts, pay ransom ; from fin: see fine