- Writing in CAPITAL LETTERS (all letters in uppercase) is an example of capitalization.
- If the total value of all outstanding shares of stock is $100,000, this is an example of a company's capitalization.
- the act or process of converting something into capital
- the amount or sum resulting from this
- the total capital funds of a corporation, represented by stocks, bonds, undivided profit, surplus, etc.
- the total par or stated value of the stocks and bonds outstanding of a corporation
- the total invested in a business by the owner or owners
- the total corporate liability
- ⌂ the act or system of using capital letters in writing and printing
- a. The practice or act of capitalizing.b. The sum that results from capitalizing.
- a. The amounts and types of long-term financing used by a firm, including common stock, preferred stock, retained earnings, and long-term debt.b. The total par value or stated value of no-par capital stock issues.
- The use of capital letters in writing or printing.
capitalize + -ation.