- The definition of a manipulator is the person or machine that does a job with skill or shrewdly manages something to their benefit.
- A crane operator is an example of a manipulator.
- A mechanical arm used to work with toxic materials is an example of a manipulator.
- A dishonest politician is an example of a manipulator.
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- a person or thing that manipulates
- ☆ a mechanical device that is operated by remote control, as for handling radioactive materials
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.