- A crane operator is an example of a manipulator.
- A mechanical arm used to work with toxic materials is an example of a manipulator.
- A dishonest politician is an example of a manipulator.
The definition of a manipulator is the person or machine that does a job with skill or shrewdly manages something to their benefit.
a person or thing that manipulates
manipulate + -or.
- As a mind manipulator, she'd have more sensitive mental receptors.
- In short, from the standpoint of lay society, the manipulator of the sacred is himself sacred, and shares in all the associations of sacredness.
- After a short interval Cambaceres was, by the constitution of December 1799, appointed second consul of France - a position which he owed largely to his vast legal knowledge and to the conviction which Sieyes entertained of his value as a manipulator of public assemblies.
- In the lecture-room he laid great stress on the importance of experimental demonstrations, paying particular attention to their selection and arrangement, though, since he himself was a somewhat clumsy manipulator, their actual exhibition was generally entrusted to his assistants.
- My sister is an excellent manipulator: she beguiled me into lending her my car – twice!