- Present participle of manipulate.
- If you trick someone into believing that something is his idea when it is really your idea, this is an example of manipulating the person into doing things your way.
- When the doctor moves your hand around to determine if it is broken, this is an example of a time where the doctor is manipulating your hand.
Manipulating is defined as taking control of a situation or orchestrating things to your own benefit, or moving with the hands.
- Only now, she understood he was manipulating her.
- He was manipulating Laurencio and Toni like puppets, but Jessi was beyond him.
- Let us end it once and for all, not with the Council manipulating each of us for its benefit!
- For all I know, he was manipulating me, like you did, Jonny snapped.
- You've been manipulating me for weeks now.