(comparative more manipulatory, superlative most manipulatory)
- Of or pertaining to manipulation.
Variant of manipulate
transitive verbmanipulated, manipulating
- to work, operate, or treat with or as with the hand or hands; handle or use, esp. with skill
- to manage or control artfully or by shrewd use of influence, often in an unfair or fraudulent way: to manipulate an election by bribing the voters
- to falsify (figures, accounts, etc.) for one's own purposes or profit; rig
- to cause (prices of stock, etc.) to fall or rise by wash sales, matched orders, etc.
Origin of manipulateback-formation ; from manipulation