- The definition of fateful is something that shows what will happen in the future, has important consequences, or is destined to happen.
- An example of fateful is looking at a mother who dropped out of high school to see what will happen to her young daughter if she also drops out of high school.
- An example of fateful is the morning of September 11, 2001.
- revealing what is to come; prophetic
- having important consequences; significant; decisive
- controlled as if by fate
- Obsolete bringing death or destruction
- Vitally affecting subsequent events; being of great consequence; momentous: a fateful decision to counterattack.
- Controlled by or as if by fate; predetermined.
- Bringing death or disaster; fatal.
- Ominously prophetic; portentous: a fateful sign.
(comparative more fateful, superlative most fateful)
fate + -ful