- An example of fateful is looking at a mother who dropped out of high school to see what will happen to her young daughter if she also drops out of high school.
- An example of fateful is the morning of September 11, 2001.
The definition of fateful is something that shows what will happen in the future, has important consequences, or is destined to happen.
- Archaic revealing what is to come; prophetic
- having important consequences; often, specif., bringing death or destruction
- Vitally affecting subsequent events; being of great consequence; momentous: a fateful decision to counterattack.
- Controlled by or as if by fate; predetermined.
- Bringing death or disaster; fatal.
- Ominously prophetic; portentous: a fateful sign.
(comparative more fateful, superlative most fateful)
fate + -ful