enlarge[en lärj′, in-]
enlarge definition by Webster's New World
- to make larger; increase in size, volume, extent, etc.; broaden; expand
- Photog. to reproduce on a larger scale
Origin: Middle English enlargen ; from Old French enlargier: see en- and amp; large
- to become larger; increase in size, extent, etc.; expand
- to speak or write at greater length or in greater detail; expatiate (on or upon)
- enlarger noun
enlarge definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb en·larged, en·larg·ing, en·larg·es verb, transitive
- To make larger; add to.
- To give greater scope to; expand. See Synonyms at increase.
- To become larger; grow.
- To speak or write at greater length or in greater detail; elaborate: enlarged upon the plan.
Origin: Middle English enlargen, from Old French enlargier : en-, causative pref.; see en-1 + large, large; see large.
- en·largˈer noun
enlarge - Legal Definition