- The definition of a creature is a person, animal or other being, real, imaginary or mythical.
- An example of a creature is a cyclops.
- An example of a creature is sasquatch.
- An example of a creature is a flying horse.
creature definition by Webster's New World
- anything created, animate or inanimate
- an animate or living being; esp.,
- ☆ Chiefly Dial. a domestic animal, specif. a horse
- a human being: often used in a patronizing, contemptuous, commiserating, or endearing sense
- a strange or imaginary being
- one completely dominated by another or dependent on another
Origin: Old French ; from Classical Latin creatura
creature definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Something created.
- a. A living being, especially an animal: land creatures; microscopic creatures in a drop of water.b. A human.c. An imaginary or fantastical being: mythological creatures; a creature from outer space.
- One dependent on or subservient to another.
- creaˈtur·al adjective
- creaˈture·li·ness noun
- creaˈture·ly adjective
creature - Phrases/Idioms
whiskey or other intoxicating liquor: humorous usage