- The definition of beast is an animal, usually a huge four-footed mammal or is a mean and scornful person.
- An example of a beast is a giant Grizzly bear.
- An example of a beast is a woman who talks down to everyone and treats people as though they are insignificant.
Beast in the snow.
- Archaic any animal as distinguished from a human being
- any large, four-footed animal; sometimes, specif., a domesticated animal
- qualities or impulses like an animal's: the beast in him
- a person who is gross, brutal, vile, etc.
Origin of beastMiddle English and amp; Old French beste ; from Classical Latin bestia ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps Indo-European base an unverified form dheus- from source deer
- An animal other than a human, especially a large four-footed mammal.
- Animal nature as opposed to intellect or spirit: an insult that brought out the beast in him.
- A very large or powerful person or thing: drives a beast of a truck.
- Something of a specified kind: Her latest film is an odd beast.
- A brutal, contemptible person.
Origin of beastMiddle English beste, from Old French, from Latin bēstia.