- The definition of changeable is something that can be altered, or is something that may change appearance or format.
- When you can be persuaded to change your mind, this is an example of when your mind is changeable.
- When something changes appearance based on the angle from which it is viewed, this is an example of a changeable object.
- that can change or be changed; likely or tending to change; variable; alterable; fickle
- having a changing appearance or color, as some silk when looked at from different angles; iridescent
Origin of changeableMiddle English
- Liable to change; capricious: changeable weather.
- Being such that alteration is possible: changeable behavior.
- Varying in color or appearance when seen from different angles: changeable silk.
- change′a·bil′i·ty, change′a·ble·ness
(comparative more changeable, superlative most changeable)
- Capable of being changed.
- Subject to sudden or frequent changes.
- The weather is very changeable today; it can be bright sunshine, cloudy, windy and rainy in the same half-hour.
From Old French changeable