- sick or worn out, as by old age or disease
- out of order; useless
- Not in working order.
- In poor condition, as from old age; infirm.
(comparative more broken-down, superlative most broken-down)
- no longer in working order
- not properly maintained; neglected
- past participle of break down
- Its summit is frequently draped with snow, and its broken-down crater contains a lake.
- They can be traced by cullet heaps and broken-down furnaces, and by their names, often mutilated, recorded in parish registers.
- Her father, Thomas Gwyn, appears to have been a broken-down soldier of a family of Welsh origin.