- Quarterly means something that happens four times a year.
An example of quarterly is the type of earnings statement that a business reports four times a year; quarterly statement.
- The definition of a quarterly is a magazine or other publication that comes out four times a year.
An example of a quarterly is Quilting Quarterly.
quarterly definition by Webster's New World
- occurring or appearing at regular intervals four times a year
- consisting of a quarter
- once every quarter of the year
- Heraldry in or by quarters, as a shield
quarterly definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Made up of four parts.
- Being one of four parts.
- Occurring or appearing at three-month intervals: a quarterly magazine; a quarterly payment.
- Heraldry Having four sections. Used of a shield.
- A publication issued regularly every three months.
- An examination given regularly every three months in some colleges.
quarterly - Investment & Finance Definition
Four times a year; every three months. There are four quarters in a year. Financial statements that report revenues and expenses are broken down into quarters by U.S. corporations. At the end of the year, annual financial statements are produced. Typically, dividends are paid quarterly.