- The definition of a badge is a distinct mark, identifying signal or mark of allegiance.
An example of a badge is the gold star a sheriff wears on his uniform.
The badge of a Deputy Sheriff.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a distinctive token, emblem, or sign worn to show rank, membership, achievement, etc.
- any distinguishing mark, sign, or symbol
Origin: Middle English bage, bagge
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. A device or emblem worn as an insignia of rank, office, or membership in an organization.b. An emblem given as an award or honor.
- A characteristic mark. See Synonyms at sign.
Origin: Middle English bagge, from Norman French bage.
- badge verb