- The definition of a badge is a distinct mark, identifying signal or mark of allegiance.
An example of a badge is the gold star a sheriff wears on his uniform.
The badge of a Deputy Sheriff.
badge definition by Webster's New World
- a distinctive token, emblem, or sign worn to show rank, membership, achievement, etc.
- any distinguishing mark, sign, or symbol
Origin: Middle English bage, bagge
badge definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. A device or emblem worn as an insignia of rank, office, or membership in an organization.b. An emblem given as an award or honor.
- A characteristic mark. See Synonyms at sign.
Origin: Middle English bagge, from Norman French bage.
- badge verb