- An arrow is defined as a slender, straight weapon, generally with feathers attached to the end, that is shot from a bow.
An example of an arrow is a popular weapon used by early Native Americans for hunting.
- The definition of an arrow is a shape with a wedge at one end and a triangle at another to indicate direction.
A "Left Turn Only" sign is an example of something with an arrow on it.
A woman about to shoot an arrow from a bow.
arrow definition by Webster's New World
- a slender shaft, usually pointed at one end and feathered at the other, for shooting from a bow
- anything like an arrow in form, speed, purpose, etc.
- a sign (←), used to indicate direction or position
Origin: Old English earh, arwe; akin to Gothic arhwa- (for Indo-European base see arc); origin, originally sense of arrow was “belonging to the bow”
arrow definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A missile having a straight thin shaft with a pointed head at one end and often flight-stabilizing vanes at the other, meant to be shot from a bow.
- Something, such as a directional symbol, that is similar to an arrow in form or function.
Origin: Middle English arwe, from Old English.