a person who shoots with bow and arrow; archer
the oarsman nearest the bow of a boat
A person who rows or paddles at the bow of a boat.
- (archery) An archer.
bow (weapon) + -man
bow (of boat or ship) + -man
- Ricky sets his sights on Grace Bowman (Megan Park) the devout Christian cheerleader who plans to remain a virgin until her wedding night.
- A definite area was bound to find a bowman together with his linked pikeman (who bore the shield for both) and to furnish them with supplies for the campaign.
- James Bowman Lindsay of Dundee, between 1845 and 1854, reinvented and even patented Morse's method, and practically put the plan into operation for experimental purposes across the river Tay.
- The highest point in the state, about 3500 ft., is in the southern part of Bowman county, east of the Little Missouri river.
- The fifth project, the Bowman, was to irrigate 10,000 acres in North Dakota and the northwestern part of South Dakota by storing the waters of the North Fork of Grand river.