- Amenity is defined as a good sense of etiquette.
An example of something who possesses an amenity is a person who sends thank you notes for gifts she receives.
- The definition of an amenity makes something more comfortable and pleasant.
An example of an amenity in a home is a screened in porch.
Several bathroom amenities
amenity definition by Webster's New World
- pleasant quality; attractiveness
- an attractive or desirable feature, as of a place or climate
- anything that adds to a person's comfort; convenience
- the courteous acts and pleasant manners of polite social behavior
Origin: Middle English and amp; Old French amenite ; from Classical Latin amoenitas ; from amoenus, pleasant; akin to amare, to love
amenity definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. a·men·i·ties
- The quality of being pleasant or attractive; agreeableness.
- Something that contributes to physical or material comfort.
- A feature that increases attractiveness or value, especially of a piece of real estate or a geographic location.
- amenities Social courtesies.
Origin: Middle English amenite, from Old French, from Latin amoenitās, from amoenus, pleasant.