Several bathroom amenities
- Amenity is defined as a good sense of etiquette.
An example of something who possesses an amenity is a person who sends thank you notes for gifts she receives.
- The definition of an amenity makes something more comfortable and pleasant.
An example of an amenity in a home is a screened in porch.
- pleasant quality; attractiveness
- : often used in pl.
- an attractive or desirable feature, as of a particular climate or piece of real estate
- anything that adds to a person's comfort; convenience
- the courteous acts and pleasant manners of polite social behavior
Origin of amenityMiddle English and amp; Old French amenite ; from Classical Latin amoenitas ; from amoenus, pleasant; akin to amare, to love
- The quality of being pleasant or attractive; agreeableness: “Everything in her surroundings ministered to feelings of ease and amenity” (Edith Wharton).
- Something that contributes to physical or material comfort: amenities offered by the hotel.
- A feature that increases attractiveness or value, especially of a piece of real estate or a geographic location.
- amenities Social courtesies.
Origin of amenityMiddle English amenite, from Old French, from Latin amoenitas, from amoenus, pleasant.
- We especially enjoyed the amenity of the climate on our last holiday.
- A thing or circumstance that is welcome and makes life a little easier or more pleasant.
- All the little amenities the hotel provided made our stay very enjoyable.
- (cartography) a unit pertaining to the infrastructure of a community, such as a public toilet, a postbox, a library etc.