- Exactly where one is standing:
stopped him right in his tracks.
- abruptly, as from being stunned or otherwise rendered unable to proceed
his insult stopped me in my tracks
- to keep an account of; stay informed about
- to fail to keep informed about; lose sight or knowledge of
- to proceed or depart hurriedly
Other Word Forms of Track
Origin of Track
Middle English trak from Old French trac perhaps of Germanic origin
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
Find Similar Words
Find similar words to track using the buttons below.