- without taste or flavor; flat; insipid
- dull; uninteresting
- lacking good taste or showing poor taste
- Food that has no flavor is an example of food that would be described as tasteless.
- An inappropriate joke that you should not be making is an example of a tasteless joke.
The definition of tasteless is something that is lacking in favor, or something that is lacking in good taste, or that is inappropriate according to social norms.
- Lacking flavor; insipid.
- Not having or showing good taste.
(comparative more tasteless, superlative most tasteless)
taste +"Ž -less
- Oxygen is a colourless, odourless and tasteless gas.
- She considered throwing the tasteless food cubes to the trees he warned her against feeding every day.
- It is tasteless, colourless and odourless gas, which is exceedingly stable and inert.
- Most venoms are tasteless, but cobra poison is said to be disagreeably bitter.
- The symmetrically substituted ureas are generally tasteless, while the asymmetrical derivatives are sweet.