- A sculptured or molded likeness of the face.
- A grotesque or comic representation of a face, worn to amuse or frighten, as at Halloween.
- A sculptured head or face, often grotesque, used as an ornament, as on a building.
- A figure of a head worn on the stage by an ancient Greek or Roman actor to identify a character and amplify the voice.
- A covering, as of cloth, that has openings for the eyes, entirely or partly conceals the face, and is worn especially at a masquerade ball.
- A grotesque or comical representation of a face, worn especially to frighten or amuse, as at Halloween.
- A facial covering worn for ritual.
- A figure of a head worn by actors in Greek and Roman drama to identify a character or trait and to amplify the voice.
An example of a mask is a face covering that children wear on Halloween.
An example of mask is for a person to pretend to be happy when she is really sad.
To mask a body of troops or a fortess by a superior force, while some hostile evolution is being carried out.