- Informal a blend or mixture of incongruous elements, often, specif., one regarded as startling, inept, or inelegant
- a recorded composition made up of digitally blended sections of other recordings
- a Web-based application designed to integrate data from two or more sources to produce new content or functionality
The definition of a mashup is a combination of two or more pre-recorded songs into a new recording, such as a vocal track and an instrumental.
An example of a mashup is the combination of the Beatles and Jay Z on the songs of The Grey Album by Danger Mouse.
An audio or video recording that is a composite of samples from other recordings.
- (computing, slang) A derivative work consisting of two pieces of (generally digital) media joined together, such as a video clip with a different soundtrack applied for humorous effect, or a map overlaid with user-supplied data.
- (music, slang) A remix that combines two or more songs from different artists into one track.
- (Internet) a Web application that combines data and/or functionality from more than one source.
mash-up - Computer Definition
- The company name, incidentally, is a mash-up of their children's names, Alex and Ali.