A covering worn on the face, often enveloping the entire head, especially:
a. A covering that disguises one's identity: robbers who wore facemasks.
b. A covering that protects one's face: a skier's facemask.
c. A transparent, watertight mask that is used to see under water.
- Another experimental device is a facemask that provides resistance when the individual inhales but not during exhalation.
- For example, the Schutt ION 4D Youth Helmet has a sleek style that has a wedge facemask and a polycarbonate shell.
- Depending on what your position is on the team, you may want to have a different facemask than your teammates.
- For example, the Adams Grid Elite Football Helmet has an attached facemask, jaw pads and chin strap.
- Check out the Riddell Revolution Little Pro Youth / Junior Varsity Football Helmet with Facemask.