This young woman is being helpful.
- When someone gives you good and useful advice, this is an example of helpful advice.
- When a person is always asking what he can do to assist you, this is an example of a helpful person.
The definition of helpful is someone or something that is useful, that provides assistance or aid, or that is prone to providing aid.
Providing assistance; useful.
(comparative more helpful, superlative most helpful)
- Furnishing help; giving aid; useful.
help + -ful
- There was nothing helpful Dean could offer.
- It was helpful to know that he heard and understood what she was saying.
- "I asked you the other day, and you weren't at all helpful," she reminded him.
- Also not helpful, since he's dead-dead.
- There was helpful information for us to improve observation techniques.