- A parent who is always encouraging his child is an example of a supportive parent.
- Services designed to help you to stand on your own two feet again when you are facing poverty are an example of supportive services.
The definition of supportive is someone or something who provides emotional help and encouragement.
Furnishing support or assistance.
(comparative more supportive, superlative most supportive)
- Providing support.
- I had a very supportive coach who helped me.
- His family were always supportive of him, albeit rather bewildered by his chosen path.
- Alex had always been supportive of her ideas.
- Instead of the supportive response he expected, Kiki was quiet.
- She said they were both supportive of her when Alex was born.
- Hadn't she been supportive of Brandon when he made his foolish move of dropping out of college?