- The definition of a workout is the act of doing physical exercise and training.
A step aerobics class is an example of a workout.
workout definition by Webster's New World
- a training session of exercises to maintain or improve one's physical or athletic skill
- any strenuous exercise, work, etc.
workout definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A session of exercise or practice to improve fitness, as for athletic competition.
- A strenuous test of ability and endurance.
workout - Business Definition
workout - Investment & Finance Definition
A solution for a situation in which a company has a loan it can’t pay or is about to file for bankruptcy. Experts in workouts, such as bankruptcy attorneys and restructuring companies, attempt to come up with a solution in a workout.
- The process of a debtor's meeting a loan commitment by satisfying altered repayment terms. For example, a firm in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings might reach an agreement with its creditors for ways in which the firm's obligations can be worked out.
- A range of prices within which a transaction or a series of transactions is likely to take place. For example, a market maker might quote a price range within which he or she would attempt to buy or sell a large order of securities.