- a training session of exercises to maintain or improve one's physical or athletic skill
- any strenuous exercise, work, etc.
A step aerobics class is an example of a workout.
- A session of exercise or practice to improve fitness, as for athletic competition.
- A strenuous test of ability and endurance.
workout - Investment & Finance Definition
A solution for a situation in which a company has a loan it can’t pay or is about to file for bankruptcy. Experts in workouts, such as bankruptcy attorneys and restructuring companies, attempt to come up with a solution in a workout.
- While it's always better to try shoes on before buying, especially shoes that are going to be getting a hard workout like ballroom dancing shoes, many of the best shoes, as well as the best bargains, can only be found through online shops.
- That fresh faced look you get after a moderate to strenuous workout is your body's way of ridding impurities, and you can bet that same glow will stick around after you've cooled off if you make exercise a regular part of your lifestyle.
- She wondered if it was the extended workout at the gym.
- She needed a workout; maybe she could learn to use a sword instead of kickboxing, which she'd been doing regularly for years.
- Xander trotted up the stairs, dressed in a loose t-shirt and workout pants.