- the sitting together or meeting of a group; assembly, as of a court, legislature, council, etc.
- a continuous, day-to-day series of such meetings
- the term or period of such a meeting or meetings
- a school term
- a day when school is open for classes
- the governing body of a Presbyterian church, consisting of the minister and elders
- a period of activity of any kind: a session with the dentist, a session on a computer
Origin of sessionMiddle English from Classical Latin sessio from sedere, to sit