- the act or an instance of bringing into a desired condition, often, specif., of athletic fitness
- an application of conditioner to the hair, etc.
- Psychol. the act or an instance of instilling a conditioned response or behavior pattern
- A process of behavior modification by which a subject comes to associate a desired behavior with a previously unrelated stimulus.
- a. The process of training that results in physical fitness.b. The state of physical fitness that results from such training.
conditioning - Computer Definition
The addition, or removal, of certain equipment in order for a circuit to achieve the performance characteristics required by analog or, more typically, certain types of data transmission. For example, an especially long copper local loop might require the addition of load coils or amplifiers to achieve the proper level of performance for voice grade analog applications, or regenerative repeaters for digital data applications.A copper local loop might require the removal of load coils to achieve the proper level of performance for an ADSL application. See also ADSL, amplifier, load coil, and repeater.
Extra cost options in a private telephone line that improve performance by reducing distortion and amplifying weak signals.