- Warning describes something that alerts to possible danger.
An example of warning is a tornado siren; a warning siren.
- The definition of a warning is something that alerts to possible danger.
An example of a warning is a dog barking and growling in the middle of the night.
This alarm will sound a warning.
warning definition by Webster's New World
- the act of one that warns, or the state of being warned
- something that serves to warn
- warningly adverb
warning definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- An intimation, threat, or sign of impending danger or evil.
- a. Advice to beware.b. Counsel to desist from a specified undesirable course of action.
- A cautionary or deterrent example.
- Something, such as a signal, that warns.
- warnˈing·ly adverb