- Warning describes something that alerts to possible danger.
An example of warning is a tornado siren; a warning siren.
- The definition of a warning is something that alerts to possible danger.
An example of a warning is a dog barking and growling in the middle of the night.
This alarm will sound a warning.
- the act of one that warns, or the state of being warned
- something that serves to warn
- A statement telling of or an indication providing evidence of impending danger, difficulty, or misfortune: The government issued a warning about unsafe drinking water. The shelf collapsed without any warning.
- Advice to be cautious: a word of warning to runners about the hot weather.
- A cautionary or deterrent example: The incident is a warning to careless investors.
- Present participle of warn.
- The action of the verb warn; an instance of warning someone.
- Something spoken or written that is intended to warn.
- The boss gave him a warning that he would be fired if he did not desist from his behaviour.
- Used to warn of danger in signs and notices.