- When you feel a strong urge to eat cake when on a diet, this is an example of temptation.
- The cake that makes you want to eat it is an example of a temptation.
The definition of a temptation is an urge or desire to do something, especially something you should not, or it refers to a wrong or forbidden pleasure that is enticing.
- a tempting or being tempted
- something that tempts; enticement
Origin of temptationOld French from Ecclesiastical Late Latin temptatio from L, an attack, trial
- The act of tempting or the condition of being tempted.
- Something tempting or enticing.
From Old French temptacion, from Latin temptatio