The definition of a temptation is an urge or desire to do something, especially something you should not, or it refers to a wrong or forbidden pleasure that is enticing.noun
- When you feel a strong urge to eat cake when on a diet, this is an example of temptation.
- The cake that makes you want to eat it is an example of a temptation.
- a tempting or being tempted
- something that tempts; enticement
Origin: OFr < LL(Ec) temptatio < L, an attack, trial
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act of tempting or the condition of being tempted.
- Something tempting or enticing.