When you are obsessed with a specific performer on television and watch every single show and movie he is in, this is an example of a fascination.
- a fascinating or being fascinated
- strong attraction; charm; allure
- The capability of eliciting intense interest or of being very attractive.
- The state of being intensely interested or attracted: listened in fascination.
- An intensely interesting, attractive quality or trait.
From Latin fascinare ("to bewitch"), possibly from Ancient Greek βασκαίνιεν (baskainien, “to speak ill of; to curse”)