- Squirt is defined as the spraying of liquid from a narrow opening, a narrow stream of water or slang to describe a youngster.
- An example of squirt is the act of spraying water from a water gun.
- An example of squirt is the spray of water from a water gun.
- An example of squirt is a nickname that a person might give to his much younger brother.
- Squirt means to spray liquid from a narrow opening.
An example of squirt is for a child to spray a friend with a water gun.
- to shoot out (a liquid) in a jet or narrow stream
- to wet with liquid so shot out
Origin of squirtLate Middle English squyrten, probably altered ; from or akin to Low German and amp; Dutch swirtjen, to squirt
- something used to squirt liquid, as a syringe
- the act of squirting
- a small amount of squirted liquid; jet or narrow stream
- Informal a small or young person, esp. one who is impudent; whippersnapper
verbsquirt·ed, squirt·ing, squirts
- To flow from a narrow opening in a thin forceful stream or jet; spurt.
- To issue in a thick flow: A dab of toothpaste squirted from the tube.
- To eject liquid in a forceful stream or thick flow: squeezed the lemon till it squirted.
- To move in a sudden dart or burst: “The pigeon squirted out of the old man's hand into the cage” (E. Annie Proulx).
- To eject (liquid) forcibly in a thin stream from a narrow opening.
- To squeeze out or extrude in a thick flow: squirted a bead of caulk into the crack.
- To wet with a spurt of liquid.
- The act of squirting.
- An instrument, such as a syringe, used for squirting.
- A squirted jet of liquid.
- Slang a. A small or young person.b. An insignificant or contemptible person.
Origin of squirtMiddle English squirten, possibly of Middle Dutch or Middle Low German origin; akin to Low German swirtjen.
(third-person singular simple present squirts, present participle squirting, simple past and past participle squirted)
- (intransitive, of a liquid) To be thrown out, or ejected, in a rapid stream, from a narrow orifice.
- The toothpaste squirted from the tube.
- (of a liquid) To cause to be ejected, in a rapid stream, from a narrow orifice.
- To hit with a rapid stream of liquid.
- (figuratively) To throw out or utter words rapidly; to prate.
- (intransitive, slang, vulgar, of a female) To ejaculate.