Spike is the runt of the litter and gets roughed up all day long by his siblings.
An example of a runt is the pig character Wilbur in the book Charlotte's Web.
- a stunted, undersized, or dwarfish animal
- the smallest animal of a litter
- Slang an insignificant person
Origin of runtfrom uncertain or unknown; perhaps
- An undersized animal, especially the smallest animal of a litter.
- Derogatory A short person.
Origin of runtOrigin unknown
- The smallest animal of a litter.
- Undersized or stunted plant, animal or person.
- (computing) An Ethernet packet that does not meet the medium's minimum packet size of 64 bytes.
- (typography) A single word (portion of a hyphenated word) that appears as the last line of a paragraph.
- A breed of pigeon related to the carrier pigeon.
runt - Computer Definition
An unintentionally truncated frame or packet. A runt is either malformed or errored in transit and must be ignored if received.
The frame that remains after a collision on a CSMA/CD medium such as Ethernet. Runts are undersize packets, smaller than what the network protocol calls for, such as 64 bytes in Ethernet. Electrical interference or faulty wiring can also produce a runt. It is the opposite of an oversize packet, termed a "giant." See runt filtering.