An example of someone who would be described as servile is a person who just does everything others tell her to without question.
- of a slave or slaves
- like that of slaves or servants: servile employment
- like or characteristic of a slave; humbly yielding or submissive; cringing; abject
- Archaic held in slavery; not free
Origin of servileMiddle English from Classical Latin servilis from servus, slave: see serf
- Abjectly submissive; slavish.
- a. Of or suitable to a slave or servant.b. Of or relating to servitude or forced labor.
Origin of servileMiddle English from Latin servīlis from servus slave
- ser′vile·ness ser·vil′i·ty
(comparative more servile, superlative most servile)
From Latin servÄ«lis.