- The definition of a minion is an unimportant person who follows or serves someone more important.
An example of a minion is a maid who takes care of a queen or king.
minion definition by Webster's New World
- a favorite, esp. one who is a fawning, servile follower: term of contempt
- a subordinate official, deputy, or the like
- Obsolete a mistress or paramour
Origin: French mignon, favorite, darling: see mignon
Rare delicate, dainty, etc.
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
minion definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- An obsequious follower or dependent; a sycophant.
- A subordinate official, especially a servile one.
- One who is highly esteemed or favored; a darling.
Origin: French mignon, darling, from Old French mignot, mignon.