- Mining is defined as extracting metals and minerals from the Earth, or the process of placing explosives where they will explode.
- An example of mining is a machine pulling diamonds out of an inactive volcano.
- An example of mining is burying land mines in a field.
- the act, process, or work of removing ores, coal, etc. from a mine, glacial deposit, etc.
- the act or process of laying explosive mines
- The process or business of extracting ore or minerals from the ground.
- a. The process of digging under an enemy emplacement or fortification to destroy it by explosives, cause it to collapse, or gain access to it for an attack.b. The process of laying explosive mines.
- â€‹The activity of removing solid valuables from the earth.
- gold mining.
- (figuratively) Any extractive activity.
- His extensive mining for apparently statistically significant results made any of his results questionable.
- (military) The activity of placing explosives underground, rigged to explode
- Present participle of mine.
mining - Computer Definition
Variant of mine
that or those belonging to me: the possessive form of I, used without a following noun, often after of: that book is mine; mine are better; he is a friend of mine
Origin of mineMiddle English min ; from Old English genitive sing of ic, I, akin to German mein: for base see me
possessive pronominal adjective
Archaic my: used before a word beginning with a vowel or the letter h[mine eyes, mine honor]; also used after a noun in direct address: daughter mine