- An example of mining is a machine pulling diamonds out of an inactive volcano.
- An example of mining is burying land mines in a field.
Mining is defined as extracting metals and minerals from the Earth, or the process of placing explosives where they will explode.
- the act, process, or work of removing ores, coal, etc. from a mine, glacial deposit, etc.
- the act or process of laying explosive mines
- The process or business of extracting ore or minerals from the ground.
- a. The process of digging under an enemy emplacement or fortification to destroy it by explosives, cause it to collapse, or gain access to it for an attack.b. The process of laying explosive mines.
- The activity of removing solid valuables from the earth.
- gold mining.
- (figuratively) Any extractive activity.
- His extensive mining for apparently statistically significant results made any of his results questionable.
- (military) The activity of placing explosives underground, rigged to explode
- Present participle of mine.