- The definition of a follower is someone who agrees with the beliefs of others, or listens to the lead or commands of another.
An example of a follower is a devout Catholic who abides with the teachings of the faith.
follower definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person or thing that follows; specif.,
- a person who follows another's beliefs or teachings; disciple
- a servant or attendant
- a gear or part of a machine that is given motion by another part, esp. the last driven part
Origin: Middle English folwere ; from Old English folgere
follower definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One who subscribes to the teachings or methods of another; an adherent: a follower of Gandhi.
- A servant; a subordinate.
- A fan; an enthusiast.
- One that imitates or copies another: A successful marketing campaign will have many followers.
- A machine element moved by another machine element.