The definition of a follower is someone who agrees with the beliefs of others, or listens to the lead or commands of another.
An example of a follower is a devout Catholic who abides with the teachings of the faith.
- a person or thing that follows; specif.,
- a person who follows another's beliefs or teachings; disciple
- a servant or attendant
- a gear or part of a machine that is given motion by another part, esp. the last driven part
Origin of followerMiddle English folwere ; from Old English folgere
- One that follows, especially:a. One who accepts the guidance, command, or leadership of another: a follower of Gandhi.b. One who has a strong interest or pays close attention to something: a follower of new developments in technology.
- A machine element moved by another machine element.
- (literally) One who follows, comes after another.
- Something that comes after another thing.
- One who is a part of master's physical group, such as a servant or retainer.
- One who follows mentally, adherer to the opinions, ideas or teachings of another, a movement etc.
- An imitator, who follows another's example
- A pursuer.
- A machine part receiving motion from another
- A man courting a maidservant.
- Young cattle.
- A metal piece placed at the top of a candle to keep the wax melting evenly.
- (Australian rules football) Any of the three players (the ruckman, ruck rover, and rover) who usually follow the ball around the ground rather than occupying a fixed position.
follow + -er